- Domestic Abuse
- Forced Marriage, “Honour”-based violence, Sexual abuse, Physical abuse,Community collusion
- Guidance for swearing, sexual abuse and violent references
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
- Differentiation applies depending on the audience
- Trainer to develop the questions accordingly
- Young woman arrives in UK from India and has an arranged marriage
- She is physically and emotionally abused by her husband and unsuccessfully tries to commit suicide
- Their children suffer physical and emotional abuse by their father
- The mother fears a loss of honour if she seeks outside help
- Eventually the family moves away from the father and starts a new life
- Combination of abuse – domestic, physical, sexual
- Physical/emotional abuse of children living in the household
- Parental mental health issues
- To recognize the impact of forced marriage on the family
- To recognize and respond to abuse
- To describe domestic abuse; the difficulties leaving the family home and the impact on children
- To explore and explain “Honour”-based abuse and links to community collusion
- What are the main issues for each member of the family?
- What were the barriers to Anisha leaving an abusive relationship?
- What services could help?
- What is your role?
- How do we recognize the impact of “Honour”- based abuse?
- Can the community pose any barriers?
- Frontline workers in Adult and Children services
- Frontline workers in Health Services , education, voluntary and community sector
- Social workers
- Education support staff
- Early years professionals
- Health visitor
- Family support worker
- Elected members and strategic leads
- Community groups
- Group training
- Awareness event
- Accessing further training in locality
- Finding out about local services and how they operate
- Checking local safeguarding procedures and national guidance
- Checking out local forums/community groups
For Further Support
- Multi-agency safeguarding hubs
- Domestic and sexual violence partnership (Safer Communities)
- Safeguarding Adults Board
- Local safeguarding Children Board
- Children’s social care
- Adult Social Care
- Mental Health services
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)