- Adult Safeguarding
- Domestic Abuse, Coercive control, Vulnerability, Safeguarding adults, Multi-agency working
- Guidance for swearing and drugs references
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
- Differentiation applies depending on the audience
- Trainer to develop the questions accordingly
- Adult leaves her abusive boyfriend and finds temporary accommodation in a homeless shelter
- Addicted to heroin, she also faces a partial leg amputation
- Adult feels a disconnect between her needs and the various agencies’ suggestions for her
- Adult leaves the hostel without knowing where she can go
- Drug Use
- Toxic Trio
- To identify safeguarding issues and the importance of inter-agency communication.
- To describe good quality support for Sara
- To recognise the different vulnerabilities for Sara
- To recognise appropriate response to DVA disclosure
- To recognise empathy and listening skills
- To discuss self-neglect issues in relation to safeguarding Sara
- How do we demonstrate multi-agency working?
- How do we recognize additional vulnerabilities (Toxic Trio)?
- Which support services would you use/utilize?
- Does Sara need an advocate? If so who?
- How do we document evidence and share information whilst keeping the service user engaged?
- Adult Social Care
- Children’s Social Care
- Police – Safeguarding Officers
- Police Community support officers
- Voluntary and Community based groups inc. drugs workers
- Youth workers
- General Practitioners
- Elected Members
- Mental Health services
- Housing staff
- One to one
- Group training
- Awareness Event
- Supervision sessions
- Coercive control training/ discussion
- Multi-Agency conferencing
- Information-sharing protocols
- Self-neglect discussion/training
- kent.gov.uk/data/assets/pdf_file/0012/16140/Self-neglect-policy-and-procedures.pdf (or appropriate local variations)
- domesticabuseservices.org.uk/ (or appropriate local variations)
For Further Support
- Local Safeguarding Children Board
- Safeguarding Adults Board
- Domestic Abuse trainers
- Specialist Domestic Abuse Support Services
- Drug & Alcohol Support Services