- Adult Safeguarding
- Understanding of an “Adult at Risk”, The complexities of Capacity and Consent, Making Safeguarding Personal, Safeguarding Procedures Section 42 Care Act 2014, Tactics used to gain control
- No Guidance Required
Level of Complexity: Advanced
- Differentiation applies depending on the audience
- Trainer to develop the questions accordingly using differentiation words such as List, describe, identify, develop a policy, develop a pathway etc.
- Working with Service User groups to look at issues about controlling behaviour.
- Young man with learning disability who initially has a full, active and independent life.
- Mum’s “boyfriend” moves into the home he shares with his mother.
- Risk indicators that could indicate controlling behaviour.
- The implications on both mother and son of being in a household controlled by an abusive man.
- Understanding that not all people with support needs are “Adults at Risk”
- When does someone become an “Adult at Risk”
- Who has relevant information?
- Is there a “Duty of Care?”
- To recognize potential risk indicators
- To identify partner agencies who may have additional information about mum, Tony and the “boyfriend”
- To understand the 3 stage test (S 42)
- At what point did Tony potentially become an “Adult at Risk”?
- What are the current Safeguarding procedures?
- How can Tony be empowered to make safe decisions
- Is there a need for an advocate for Tony?
- By the end of the film is Tony able to consent to safeguarding options?
- Social Workers
- Health Professionals
- Police Community support officers
- Voluntary and Community based groups including advocacy services
- General Practitioners
- Elected Members
- Transitional services
- Service Users
- One to one
- Group training
- Awareness event
- Making Safeguarding Personal training and policy development.
- Information sharing protocol discussion
- Coercive Control
- Capacity and Consent
For Further Support
- Safeguarding Adults Board
- Adult Social Care
- Advocacy Services
- Specialist Domestic Abuse Services