- Domestic Abuse
- Emotional Abuse, Financial Abuse, Coercive Control
- Guidance for swearing
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
- Differentiation applies depending on the audience
- Trainer to develop the questions accordingly
- Male adult moves in with female partner and her two children
- Female exhibits signs of jealousy and begins a cycle of coercive control of her partner
- Male is abused emotionally and financially
- Male is estranged from his other family and friends
- Children are witness to the domestic abuse
- Male’s social, emotional and work life are adversely affected
- Male victim of domestic abuse
- Impact on the family members
- Emotional and Psychological Harm
- The difficulty the victim, services, employers and society have in recognizing and responding appropriately
- Juxtaposition between victim and protector
- To identify the impact on the victims’ thought processes and decision-making ability.
- To recognise the signs and techniques employed in coercive control
- To adopt routine enquiry for Domestic Abuse
- To identify specialist support services – for male victims, female perpetrators and children
- To describe the impact of fear shame and blame
- What are the main issues for each member of the family?
- What were the barriers to Anisha leaving an abusive relationship?
- What services could help?
- What is coercive control?
- Can you name some of the techniques employed? Link this the legislative framework
- What could the employer do to support the victim?
- What is your knowledge of specialist support services to meet the needs of the whole family?
- What skills, attitudes and behaviours need to be demonstrated to enable a safe environment for a victim to speak openly?
- What responsibility do organisations have towards the health and wellbeing of their staff? Should there be specific policies and procedures in place?
- Is there a need to involve estranged fathers?
- What systems have you in place to ensure effective sharing of information?
- What are the barriers to sharing information?
- Elected Members and strategic leads
- Human Resources/Health and Wellbeing personnel
- Specialist Support Services
- Adult and Children Services
- Health services
- Local Authority Designated Officers
- One to one
- Group training
- Awareness event
- Policy Development
- Mapping exercise regarding services
- Create a sample questionnaire to include a question on domestic abuse for the return to work interview
For Further Support
- Local support services
- Local authority
- Local safeguarding Children Board
- Community Safety Partnership
- Safeguarding Adults Board