- Adult Safeguarding
- Making Safeguarding Personal, Vulnerable Adult, Neglect/Abuse, Adult safeguarding,Carer’s needs
- Guidance free
Level of Complexity: Intermediate
- Differentiation applies depending on the audience
- Trainer to develop the questions accordingly
- Young adult is cared for by older sister and mum
- Older sister moves out of the family home
- Mum neglects some of young adult’s caring needs
- Young adult is uncomfortable with mum’s new partner
- Agency worker attempts to discuss safeguarding/caring needs with the family
- Young adult is left feeling scared and marginalised by the safeguarding process
- Learning disabilities
- Physical health needs
- Hate crime
- Transitional support from child with complex needs to adult with complex needs
- Young carer
- To recognise the needs of carers
- To identify appropriate advocacy and support
- To recognise self-harm
- To explain the underlying trauma that results in self-harm
- What is Making Safeguarding Personal and how do you embed these values and principles within your workplace?
- How do transition support services work in your area?
- What are the processes for good quality information transition?
- What services are available for self-harm?
- How do we work with the whole family?
- Everyone working with children and young people.
- Everyone working with adults who are parents
- Learning Mentors
- Police Community support officers
- Voluntary and Community based groups including advocacy services
- Youth workers
- School Nurses
- General Practitioners
- Elected Members
- Transitional services
- Service Users
- One to one
- Group training
- Awareness event/forum
- Audit of current awareness of transitional services
- Audit of whole family approach provision/policies
- Making Safeguarding Personal training and policy development.
- Information sharing protocol discussion